Promotional Expense Mini Grant
San Juan EDC provides a Grant to all local businesses with a store front within the city of San Juan which can be used towards advertising and publicity expenses.
The San Juan EDC Mini Business Grant was created to assist small businesses with financial support for a new venture or retention and expansion of existing businesses. Applicants will need to meet the requirements of the Mini Grant Packet and submit supporting documents. The mini grant is money that does not have to be repaid, however the money must be used within the business and for business purposes only.
Mini Grant requirements for the small business are as follows:
- Must have an operating store front
- Must be operating a minimum of 40 hours per week (City or EDC can make random checks for compliance)
- Must have at least 1 full-time employee
- Must be in good standing with any revolving city loan (if applicable)
- Can only be awarded one time per business owner
- Business owner applicants are required to:
- Attend 1 free training session on business development, provided by the Small Business Development Center (SBDC)
- Prepare an executive summary with two year projections
(Training, executive summary development, and business technical assistance can be obtained at the SBDC.)
All applicant requests are subject to board approval.