The town of San Juan was established in 1910 with the sale of 406 acres of land to the San Juan Townsite Co. by area entrepreneur named John Closner.
The Incorporation of the City of San Juan occurred on December 29, 1917, and was titled as a City by action of the San Juan City Commissioners on February 18, 1919. The City of San Juan is located in the rapidly growing Rio Grande Valley of Texas.
San Juan is home to The Basilica of the National Shrine of our Lady of San Juan Del Valle, Liberty Park, which was built in 2003, and an array of amenities, making San Juan a premier city heart of the Rio Grande Valley.
San Juan, referred to as “The Friendly City”, offers many opportunities to businesses and professionals. Many people from all parts of the United States have found San Juan an ideal place for better living enjoying the mild winters, summer breeze, healthful climate, year round blooming of flowers, and the abundance of cultural diversity.